Wednesday, September 24, 2008

who am I, what is this?

I serve as the teacher in a Bible School for members of African Initiated Churches (AICs) in the former Transkei, South Africa. My wife and I, Mennonites from North America, also frequently worship with a small, Pentecostal congregation. I learn much in the process of teaching and preaching in these settings, especially about the biblical texts which are our medium. In other words, by proclaiming the text in the setting of mission, we discover mission in the text.

This blog contains my discoveries about texts that I have studied, taught, or preached--or all of the above--in encounter with the ideas, spiritualities, and social settings of African brothers and sisters.

I dedicate this blog to all who seek the Word of God in the words of scripture.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Beloved Brother / Sister in Christ,

    Greetings to you in Jesus Name Amen!

    First of all I praise and thank Lord Jesus for giving me an opportunity to have Spiritual fellowship with your Blessed Ministry by sending this Email. This is Pastor Pravardhan Varma from Tenali , Andhra Pradesh SOUTH-INDIA. Running Good Seed Church Ministries since the year 2000. We need your prayers and your love to our organization to take this Ministry for un reached in India Amen. We are going on prayers to be fulfilled in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. Please pray for us and for my Ministry. Convey my Greets to your family & Staff. For more information please check our website www.gscmindia.org

    We are waiting to hear favor from you soon as God leads you Amen!

    In His Service,
    Pastor. Pravardhan Varma .G,
    Founder & President,
    GOOD SEED CHURCH MINISTRIES.
    Andhra Pradesh,
    South India.
    www.gscmindia.org

    ReplyDelete